Good day to you all !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sydney2002

Hi folks,
Just joined and looking for some advice on a Hybrid bike for me and the good lady wife. Spotted the below two bikes, but just looking for some guidance.
Are they good prices? Can they be found elsewhere for better price ?
Alternative bike better for say a few more £'s ?

Any help or tips appreciated.

Is this a good bike and price ?
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec016396

Or would this be better than the above:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165499

I am looking for a hybrid bike for me and the wife, I am 6'1" tall, so thinking a 19" or 20" bike will do for me, and my wife is 5'1" tall, so maybe a circus midgets bike for her haha....Dont really want to to spending more than £300 - £350 to be honest.

cheers folks.

G'day mate.

PS it looks like your getting more advice on this in the beginners section.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Hi Syd and welcome.

The two bikes in question have suspension forks which is a good idea if you are going off road but if you are mainly going on road they are a bit of a hindrance.

OP
OP
S

sydney2002

accountantpete said:
Hi Syd and welcome.

The two bikes in question have suspension forks which is a good idea if you are going off road but if you are mainly going on road they are a bit of a hindrance.

I now heard this a few times, so I am NOT going ahead with any bike with suspension. Want it to be as light weight as possible and as zippy and nippy as possible. The most off roading we be doign is canal tow paths with loose gravel. No mountains or such like, they dont really haev pubs half way up them anyway haha

navrat_biker

One thing i would say is make sure its a hybrid you want. Because if you look longingly at road bikes thinking...well one day and like the idea of sitting in the road bike position then go with one straight off. Its costly to go hybrid, then road. But if you just want a straight bar bike then yeah you can get some cracking deals at evans during their clearance deals.

Top Bottom