Good deed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I had to drive in today and was at a busy junction when I noticed a cyclist picking himself off the ground. He was gesturing towards a car that was driving away. His front wheel was totally buckled.

The car had continued up the road but had stopped in a safe place (out of sight of the cyclist) - I pulled over and advised the driver to stay put which she did.

I then wen't and got the cyclist and told him the driver had stopped. As I did not see the incident I left them too it. From what the cyclist said.

I think she may have pulled out in front of him at a junction. He was fine, calm but wanted the driver to pay for the wheel!

Had I not stopped, the two parties would not have discussed the matter and the cyclist might have reported her as a hit and run.

alicat

Legendary Member
Well done, @Rooster1. It's said that no good deed goes unpunished so I wonder what your 'reward' will be?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
This post from 'lady driver' has just been made on a motoring forum I visit:

"Going to work this morning a loony cyclist pulled out in front of me and I clipped his front wheel.

"I pulled up a little way down the road and was just about to walk back to see if the cyclist was OK when some busy body turned up and started ordering me about.

"Thank you, Mr BB, but I know who I hit and I was in the process of dealing with it when you interfered."

sleuthey

Legendary Member
This post from 'lady driver' has just been made on a motoring forum I visit:

"Going to work this morning a loony cyclist pulled out in front of me and I clipped his front wheel.

"I pulled up a little way down the road and was just about to walk back to see if the cyclist was OK when some busy body turned up and started ordering me about.

"Thank you, Mr BB, but I know who I hit and I was in the process of dealing with it when you interfered."
At least Mr BB had the maturity to write a neutral and unbiased account of the incident on his forum. Where as Ms LD didn't.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

Just about my arse. Yes, I am a busy body who wanted to make sure the right thing was done. How long does it take to get out of your car. I ran up and down the road twice in the time it took you to do NOTHING. Who am I talking to anyway. He might have needed an ambulance ffs.

Don't take it as a slight on you, many are incapable of admitting fault and you did a good deed.
The fact that she called the person she hit a loony cyclist suggests that she's a [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] and I didn't even know it was possible to [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] ombudsman [CENSORED] [CENSORED] cucumber

sheddy

Legendary Member
Well done. Worth getting a pic of the car & plate in case the motorist runs/lies/denies.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Sounds like my good deed was percieved as a bad dead by the driver.
She is possibly annoyed with herself and wanting to vent her frustration and get people on her side as she doesn't have a leg to stand on. I would therefore feel satisfied that she posted what she did. Anyway what she wrote has no substance.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
She is possibly annoyed with herself and wanting to vent her frustration and get people on her side as she doesn't have a leg to stand on. I would therefore feel satisfied that she posted what she did. Anyway what she wrote has no substance.

It’s not a real quote.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

well thats Karma - I rode home after work (95% on a towpath) - just before home I crossed a roundabout and a car nearly wiped me out. I was left shaking.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'm now confused, in the 1st post you claim you were forced to drive to work, but then in you last post you claim you rode home :crazy:confused:crazy:

Top Bottom