Good deed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephen wilby

So i was commuting home from work today with a slight tailwind (i love those rare things). And i have a 5 mile stretch of bypass long flat and straight. I come across a hybrid rider struggling to catch up his 2 mates about a mile in front. I offered him my wheel and put in a wiggo esque turn at the front at about 28 mph for 4 miles and catch them up with him in tow. Got thanked and overtook them and carried on my way :smile:.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
So i was commuting home from work today with a slight tailwind .

Where is this mythical land of which you speak ?

OP
OP
S

Stephen wilby

West yorkshire. Every day for the last 3 months has had a head wind but today the ride home had a slight tail wind. I love tailwinds. It makes me feel like a pro catching up bso's at a rate of knots lol.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
So i was commuting home from work today with a slight tailwind (i love those rare things). And i have a 5 mile stretch of bypass long flat and straight. I come across a hybrid rider struggling to catch up his 2 mates about a mile in front. I offered him my wheel and put in a wiggo esque turn at the front at about 28 mph for 4 miles and catch them up with him in tow. Got thanked and overtook them and carried on my way :smile:.

That's impressive in hilly West Yorkshire

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
riding in this morning on latest single speed conversion was a breeze but coming home made me think might have got gearing wrong with a 52 fr and 15 rear but will have to see on less windy day

OP
OP
S

Stephen wilby

That's impressive in hilly West Yorkshire

Yeah but on my commute home i only have 2 hills. New bypass. They try to build them flat lol. I can go in any other direction and find energy sapping hills lol.

A slight tailwind allows me to stay in my biggest gear and grind away. Being 16.5 stone and having a rugby background i am a demon in no wind or a small tailwind on the flat lol.

Top Bottom