Good first week?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
You could be right, squaggles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rustychisel

Yeah, but no. Cadel doesn't have to do very much, just hang in there. He knows that, his DS knows it, we should know it. It may not make for exciting TV, and we all like a rider who attacks with the 'panache'... Hinault... Vino over the Galibier 2 years ago... but that's not Cadel's need, nor, I'd say, his character. He just needs to follow and stay within distance of the other hopefuls. That's a tactical ride for a 3 week stage race, as you well know. Incidentally, he's on the record as saying he prefers the steeper climbs like in the Pyrenees and that's where he may have to make an effort. Time will tell.

Tetedelacourse

Keith Oates said:
You have a point Rusty, as you say we will see, but he's not really shown himself very much at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big Mig rode with the same tactics but I dunno, Evans seems to me not to be able to hang onto the climbers as well as he might have to to secure overall.

Moreau was great the other day but has no team support. I hope Ras stays away but can't see it.

Valverde in yellow on the Champs I think.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
There's a long way to go yet. The Pyrenees are completely different to the Alps and we have yet to see a time trial, which could gain or lose riders several minutes.

It is great to have a tour where we can still speculate on the chances of half a dozen or more riders at this stage, rather than just wondering who will come second. Perhaps reduced doping is having a benificial effect.

Top Bottom