Good morning all !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Squeezebox

Hi all I am Squeezebox, because I play the melodeon and concertina.

I was sent here by another forum because I also like cycling.

In fact I have many bikes and my interests are vairied.....my main thing however is touring.

Over the past 20 years I have done a number of longish tours and hope to find a LE2JOG in me next year.

I also have got an interest in older bikes and have been out on my 1930s Hercules a bit in the last couple of weeks.

Involved in some cycle campaign stuff and also am thinking about taking part in the Brighton Naked Bike Ride on June 12th.

Living in Eastbourne I am glad to see that there will be a cycle feastival in Eastbourne on the Western Lawns (Right on the sea side by the Lifeboat Museum) this coming weekend.

Just glad to say hello and hope to meet some new cycling folk as I learn how to be a part of this place.

So basically....hello and hope to hang around if you will let me !!

Hello! Nice to see you made it over here. Have a look around, there's a pretty good touring and expedition area, and plenty of us are musos. There's even a few other 2CV types ...

OP
OP
S

Squeezebox

Welcome aboard. Am sure you'll find plenty to keep you occupied here. If nothing else, requests for pics of the Hercules. :smile:

Hi R T....and thank you for pointing me in this direction.

will get some pics loaded soon....have a camera problem...but then will get the Herc pics up !

All the best and thanks

Squeezebox

sunnyjim

Hi & welcome Squeezebox -
I used to play the concertina a bit (english), mainly on climbing club trips & such like, but sadly it's been lying in a cupboard for some years waiting for a major re-build and tune to modern pitch. It's a 48 key treble with fretted metal ends which I'd guess dates from the early 1900s. I'll get round to it some day.

OP
OP
S

Squeezebox

Hi & welcome Squeezebox -
I used to play the concertina a bit (english), mainly on climbing club trips & such like, but sadly it's been lying in a cupboard for some years waiting for a major re-build and tune to modern pitch. It's a 48 key treble with fretted metal ends which I'd guess dates from the early 1900s. I'll get round to it some day.

Err....could be worth a few quid then. I have a collection of various 'boxes.

Do you have a makers name ?

Be worth getting it sorted out cause it could be a real good un.

I can suggest a fantastic repair person and also who to avoid if you PM me.

Nice to meet you

OP
OP
S

Squeezebox

Hello! Nice to see you made it over here. Have a look around, there's a pretty good touring and expedition area, and plenty of us are musos. There's even a few other 2CV types ...

2CV....what you mean.....I have a pile of rusty old things that look like a 2CV.....none of them work again and none legal.

However sorted all my bikes out and having great fun cycling again.

Top Bottom