Good Morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wotsthat

Regular
I've been turning cranks most of my life and still find it so enjoyable - so much easier and often faster hoping on the bike
Sold my car 3 weeks ago and instantly felt lighter plus i'm 100 a month better off
As a replacement i've been in touch with the "Bamboo Bicycle Club" and about to build a bamboo
recumbent load carrying trike, and looking to go traveling to visit friends in Europe, Ireland and Scandinavia.
for now though having to decide between hub or mid drive, gearing, seat position and angle.
A friend has suggested for a longer tour to go for some king of sponsorship which sounds like an idea
Have a grand day all - onwards, the day is calling

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I guess a car is a bit of a liability in London these days, I'm sure you won't miss it.
You might be interested in a thread by @chriswoody about his bamboo bike build;
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/self-build-bamboo-bike-frame-kit-build-thread.225144/
More power to your cycling, check out the electric bikes section.

OP
OP
wotsthat

wotsthat

Regular
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I guess a car is a bit of a liability in London these days, I'm sure you won't miss it.
You might be interested in a thread by @chriswoody about his bamboo bike build;
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/self-build-bamboo-bike-frame-kit-build-thread.225144/
More power to your cycling, check out the electric bikes section.

Someone quite recently built his bamboo bike - He attached a couple of floats and peddled up the Thames
picking up rubbish since has started the "Thames Project" (can see it online) encouraging people round the world to do the same
already they've cleaned at least 7 rivers - brilliant - Oh and thanks for your words

OP
OP
wotsthat

wotsthat

Regular
yup same company - i'm going there though tad more complicated - Thanks

chriswoody

Legendary Member
:welcome:
As others have kindly said, I built a bike from their home build kit. I hope you have fun at their workshop, I'm envious, I'd love to build another one. Please put a thread up with photos after you've finished, I'd love to see how you get on.

OP
OP
wotsthat

wotsthat

Regular
:welcome:
As others have kindly said, I built a bike from their home build kit. I hope you have fun at their workshop, I'm envious, I'd love to build another one. Please put a thread up with photos after you've finished, I'd love to see how you get on.

What did you build? How long ago? is it still going strong? i've heard some great things - yeah i've already been a couple of time trying to iron out the design - good people and yes of course i'll be posting some pics - many thanks

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I built a single speed road bike over the winter of 2017/18. If you follow either of the links kindly provided above, it will take you to the thread where I documented the whole build. The bike it still going really well and I absolutely love it. It's a real joy to ride and above all else it's completely unique and built by me. I keep meaning to update my build thread with a long term report, but suffice to say, I've had no problems with it at all. You'll love building and owning something as unique as a Bamboo recumbent.

P1020030.JPG

Have you seen Kate Rawles journey as well? She cycled the length of South America using a bike built at the Bamboo Bicycle club, showing just how tough these bikes can be.

https://www.outdoorphilosophy.co.uk/life-cycle/

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom