Good 'non-cateye but still quite good' budget lights.

GrahamG

Veteran
Rear lights and even more specifically, one that the mount will screw onto a flat plate on the back of a rack.

Any ideas? I'm loathe to get cateye and fudge it as I refused to pay an extra £10 for a rack with a cateye compatible light mount.

spindrift

Maplin. Tenner.

Tynan

Veteran
sure there was a thread a few weeks ago with a link to a website selling a bracket that let you fit lights to racks

I was keen but I like the light a bit higher than that, ditched the saddle bag and mounted it on the seat post

Maz

Legendary Member
Does the flat plate on the rack have slits in it? I reckon you could hook a Smart SuperFlash through one of those.
£15-ish and v.bright.

sheddy

Guru
Can you not just file off the plastic locating boss on the light and then screw it onto the rack? (or am I missing summat, as usual)

OP
G

GrahamG

Veteran
Thanks for the input folks.

Any idea why smart lights never have a spec on the websites - can't find what batteries they use!

GrahamG said:
Thanks for the input folks.

Any idea why smart lights never have a spec on the websites - can't find what batteries they use!
2 x AAA. They are amazingly bright. I will warn you now, don't look straight at the light when it is on!! xx(:tongue: (Of course you will won't you!!;))

domd1979

Veteran
I used one of these to attach a Cat Eye rear light to my rack:

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/./products/Rear_LED_Light_Bracket.aspx

GrahamG said:
Rear lights and even more specifically, one that the mount will screw onto a flat plate on the back of a rack.

Any ideas? I'm loathe to get cateye and fudge it as I refused to pay an extra £10 for a rack with a cateye compatible light mount.

Top Bottom