Good 'non-cateye but still quite good' budget lights.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamG

Guru
Rear lights and even more specifically, one that the mount will screw onto a flat plate on the back of a rack.

Any ideas? I'm loathe to get cateye and fudge it as I refused to pay an extra £10 for a rack with a cateye compatible light mount.

spindrift

Maplin. Tenner.

Tynan

Veteran
sure there was a thread a few weeks ago with a link to a website selling a bracket that let you fit lights to racks

I was keen but I like the light a bit higher than that, ditched the saddle bag and mounted it on the seat post

Maz

Guru
Does the flat plate on the rack have slits in it? I reckon you could hook a Smart SuperFlash through one of those.
£15-ish and v.bright.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Can you not just file off the plastic locating boss on the light and then screw it onto the rack? (or am I missing summat, as usual)

OP
OP
G

GrahamG

Guru
Thanks for the input folks.

Any idea why smart lights never have a spec on the websites - can't find what batteries they use!

GrahamG said:
Thanks for the input folks.

Any idea why smart lights never have a spec on the websites - can't find what batteries they use!

2 x AAA. They are amazingly bright. I will warn you now, don't look straight at the light when it is on!! xx(:tongue: (Of course you will won't you!!;))

domd1979

Veteran
I used one of these to attach a Cat Eye rear light to my rack:

http://www.cyclexpress.co.uk/./products/Rear_LED_Light_Bracket.aspx

GrahamG said:
Rear lights and even more specifically, one that the mount will screw onto a flat plate on the back of a rack.

Any ideas? I'm loathe to get cateye and fudge it as I refused to pay an extra £10 for a rack with a cateye compatible light mount.

Top Bottom