Good on you co-op

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi. I was traveling to work this morning when I came up behind a co-op delivery lorry. Instead of it having its usual advertisement brand name plastered over the back of the trailer , it had the whole back dedicated to warning cyclists and pedestrians of the dangers of the driver not being able see them in there blind spot when turning left. ,It certainly caught my attention and would hopefully catch the attention of any unsuspecting cyclists too.
Good on you co-op ! :-)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sainsbury lorry's have the same.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The phrasing of the coop ones was improved after feedback from cyclists, if I recall correctly, plus the lorries have the side guards with sensors and so in. The Sainsbury's ones are the usual crap driving warning but bigger.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Co-op lorries: "Caution - Be aware of vehicle movements - Our driver may not be able to see you" (which is technically true if you're stood directly behind the sign on the back of the trailer, after all.)

Sainsbury's lorries: "Cyclists - Beware of passing this vehicle on the inside - Alert today... alive tomorrow"

Personally, I prefer the "if you can't see me in a mirror then I can't see you" type, but even better would be all lorries used in built-up areas to be replaced with direct-vision cabs and so on, but that's going to happen slowly unless government forces it - and they won't.

classic33

Leg End Member
How's a direct vision cab going to allow them to see what's behind them?

Still be dangerous to ride up the inside, until you reach the cab.

jarlrmai

Veteran
fark the co-op, the new store near me has no bike rack, I asked and was told to chain it to the trolley rack which I declined as I don't want trolleys banged into it.

D

Deleted member 26715

Only something I noticed the other day at our local Co-op the disabled bays are nowhere near the trolley park, I was coming out & a friend of my wife's was just loading her car from the trolley she is registered disabled & was parked in the disabled bay. I then realised for her to put the trolley back she would have to go behind the 2 other parked cars, cross right in front of the entrance to the store, go round the corner put the trolley in the rack to collect her £1 then come all the way back again, probably over 100m. Bit of bad planning there, I took it off her, & returned her £1 before she had even managed to get into the car.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I am not happy with how I was handled by a store colleague in one of your stores; who can I discuss this with?
You can contact our Care Line Team either via email, telephone on 0800 0686 727 or our Web form with the following details:
1 Your Name/Address/Contact Telephone Number/Email
2 Nature of complaint/Time the incident occurred/Store details/Where possible name of colleagues involved

I had a look on the Co-op website but could only find an email for membership stuff

tom73

Guru
One thing to remember not all coop shops are cooperative group stores some are independent coops. Quick way to tell is the the independents have to rebranded to the updated (and still outdated in my mind) cloverleaf coop logo. Equally not all lorries are the same coop either.

It’s complex and confusing at times I know too well as a former regional board member.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
fark the co-op, the new store near me has no bike rack, I asked and was told to chain it to the trolley rack which I declined as I don't want trolleys banged into it.

Our local co-op has 3 Sheffield stands right outside the entrance and covered by the cctv - however I very rarely see a bike locked to them.
Mostly they're used as a tethering post for people's dogs.
French bulldogs seem quite trendy at the moment, although why someone would spend £400+ on a designer dog, then leave it tied to a bike stand for 15 minutes while they go shopping is a mystery to me.

Top Bottom