good race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jake

Not sure if i should post in here, or one of the other sections, but...

Had a good race at the weekend, top speed of 39.1mph on slight decline. Heavy rain all day, soaked through. Beat last years bike time by 7mins. Want to do some more races, was fantastic to ride on a surface with no potholes and no other traffic apart from other bikes. Cant recomend it enough, DO IT! All bikes, apart from fixies, including bromptons too! So its not full professional by any means. So worried about sliding off and had to break a lot on the hills. Some amazing looking bikes there too!

Soaked right through, poured water out of clip-on shoes, had good grip too which surprised me. So, sign up you lot!

0018.jpg

SimonC

Was it a race, or a sportive or what?

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

triathlon, we did team sprint, so it was just nder 20k on the bike. Beat 7mins off last years time

Keith Oates

Janner
Sounds as if you enjoyed it Jake, and beating your last year's time must be very satisfying. Looking at the photo is appears there was a good attendance so that will have made things even more exciting.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

certainly did, and up for more. I can't say how good it was, even though it rained. If you enjoy cycling, its something you got to do. Its so frustrating in London, stop go, stop go, mind the hole, stop go, mind the lorry lol. I hope i can encourage more people to do it. Yes the registration filled up quick for the teams, it was held over two days at blenheim palace, so fantastic location.

Top Bottom