Good weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James Blackwell

Finally we have a stretch of reasonable weather. After suffering the very wet winter commute, my Clevedon to Bristol jaunt is now at the moment quite pleasant, even the wind is currently not interfering.
I commented on here back in February and was reminded of the saying "Winter miles = Summer smiles" and I can honestly say that is spot on.

Great views across the fields and Long Ashton and the suspension bridge as well as less clothing (not nude like the Bristol cycle at the weekend I was not part of it).

Anyway I thought a good upbeat post was worth mentioning. All I need now is one of those Dogma F8 bikes between Jaguar and Pinerallo.

James

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
glad to hear you are still enjoying you commute come rain or sun

D

Deleted member 1258

Its a beautiful sunny slightly cool morning in Coventry, ideal for cycling, I'm looking forward to riding in, mornings like this are excellent.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I've been doing some business networking bike rides between Bristol and Clevedon and the roads/paths are great.

Must indeed be a lovely & rewarding commute on days like these !

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm surprised at the numbers of cyclists I pass wearing lots of clothing though! This morning someone was wearing a fleece, and another had on an altura jacket (done up), whereas I'm in a light top and a gillet which started done up and then undone (too much skin exposed for the first downhill in the shade of trees to go without the gillet).

Col5632

Guru
I'm surprised at the numbers of cyclists I pass wearing lots of clothing though! This morning someone was wearing a fleece, and another had on an altura jacket (done up), whereas I'm in a light top and a gillet which started done up and then undone (too much skin exposed for the first downhill in the shade of trees to go without the gillet).

I've noticed that too, jackets and big jerseys, its roasting with S/S never mind a jacket :laugh:

Yep, the ride in was lovely this morning - definitely short sleeves weather :sun:

(might need my shower-proof jacket for the ride home though)

Strangely enough I couldn't get a proper space in the bike store at work today because lots more people had decided to ride to work today....

OP
OP
James Blackwell

James Blackwell

Its a beautiful sunny slightly cool morning in Coventry, ideal for cycling, I'm looking forward to riding in, mornings like this are excellent.
I am from Coventry originally and there are some nice parts to commute through. On a side note, I currently have a beautiful picture of the Cathedral as the back ground on my PC taken early before the Cov Motor fest.

I notice lots of people still wearing far too much, as you all note, scarves, coats, jackets, confused.com! Im in as little as possible without verging on wrong.

James

D

Deleted member 1258

I am from Coventry originally and there are some nice parts to commute through. On a side note, I currently have a beautiful picture of the Cathedral as the back ground on my PC taken early before the Cov Motor fest.

I notice lots of people still wearing far too much, as you all note, scarves, coats, jackets, confused.com! Im in as little as possible without verging on wrong.

James

I'm commuting out to Nuneaton from Holbrook's, years ago I rode Earlsdon to Kenilworth as my commute, very pretty if a tad lumpy.

OP
OP
James Blackwell

James Blackwell

I'm commuting out to Nuneaton from Holbrook's, years ago I rode Earlsdon to Kenilworth as my commute, very pretty if a tad lumpy.
Nuneaton? My dad lives on Gypsy lane and we know Holbrooks well, my nan and granddad lived not too far from there.

It is much better in this weather. I got caught by the bridge opening yesterday on my way home. Spent five minutes enjoying the view up the gorge and Clifton Suspension bridge.

OP
OP
James Blackwell

James Blackwell

Weather's great, now if only someone would remove that hill.
There are two short but sharp hills on my jaunt, on Monday I flew up them, just near the top of the last one I passed another guy on his bike much quicker than I thought possible for me. Yesterday I was that guy being passed, just didnt have the legs.

D

Deleted member 1258

Nuneaton? My dad lives on Gypsy lane and we know Holbrooks well, my nan and granddad lived not too far from there.

It is much better in this weather. I got caught by the bridge opening yesterday on my way home. Spent five minutes enjoying the view up the gorge and Clifton Suspension bridge.

I know Gipsy lane, I occasionally use it in the mornings.

Top Bottom