Goodbye all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LWeleven

im newish here , but I was here before , and have been on many sites over the last 13 years
some times it’s just a feeling , and life, well for me seams to have waves, be forums, TV , hobbies
they still stick around but fade , then the next wave , some waves come back some don’t.

ive Even help create forums and moderated and also had my own some crash and burn other
seem to last the long haul , you see people sticking around forever some just disappear . And
occasionally people just keep popping back ….so I get get

good luck with your new wave 👍

Ah I'm sorry to hear this. I thought you were a sensible voice on here. As already suggested - I'd just walk away and then you have the chance to come back again if you want to. All the best.

yello

@dodgy just have a break. I do from time to time. I think I've even been absent for over a year at one point. I do find this forum overwhelming in truth, and were it not for some strange sense of belonging, I think I would have gone long ago. Yet there are always posts, and people behind those posts, that remind me that it is at least still worth dipping in and out of. Some pearls and pearls of wisdom.

This forum has grown so much since it's inception. There's a few names still around that I recognise from way back then - yours being one of them. And I've seen names come and go. The forum's gone through many revolutions, with numerous accusations of cliques (then the cliques change too) but despite this churn and sometimes division, it keeps on going - so something keeps it together. I think you can say it does reflect the times, not just of bike tech and trends, but also of sociopolitical factors. If the forum seems polarised at times (it certainly does to me at the moment, from my rural French existence) then I think that's because it reflects what's going on out there in 'real life' UK.

I'm am old git now, rarely getting my leg over these days (the crossbar, behave) yet I still feel that sense of belonging to a cycling forum - more to the point, this cycling forum. Weird huh?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I really don't understand anyone that wants their posts deleted when they leave - I would only associate that with a mega flounce or in an extreme case as a safeguarding issue. What harm is there in leaving them there so if anyone were crazy enough to read through very old threads at least they make sense?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I really don't understand anyone that wants their posts deleted when they leave - I would only associate that with a mega flounce or in an extreme case as a safeguarding issue. What harm is there in leaving them there so if anyone were crazy enough to read through very old threads at least they make sense?

He want's his account deleted. That doesn't mean his posts will be deleted.

Top Bottom