Goodbye Earls Court.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And farewell. Its to be demolished to make way for several thousand new homes. I saw the Royal Tournament there with my great aunty Edna C1972. And too many cycle industry trade shows to count. Sad.

I did a few shows there too. No parking spaces, but a firm 'paper lined' handshake worked wonders in the old days.:smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Used to love the Royal Tournament when I was a kid.
Was one of the reasons I wanted to join the Navy (but never did get round to it).

Also did a few gigs there as tour manager.

And of course the Boat Show, Ideal Home Show and Cycle Shows.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Never been or even passed by it, or Olympia, or the NEC at Birmingham, but I am curious to hear how far Dell's children got through the process and whether the ones who won the parts went through the same slog?

those of us who queued for eight hours with our little darlings for the Harry Potter auditions think that demolition is too good for it.
I suppose an apt title for this actress post could be:
'Her. Me. Only badly.' :smile:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Never been or even passed by it, or Olympia, or the NEC at Birmingham, but I am curious to hear how far Dell's children got through the process and whether the ones who won the parts went through the same slog?
just the one. She got to the last 50 (out of 20,000) but they chose someone who didn't audition. A useful lesson.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
That's pretty good going Dell, but as you say it's 'who you know' most of the time! Did that kill any further acting ambition?

asterix

Comrade Member
The idea was to construct a show centre to rival any other in the world, and to dominate the nearby Olympia exhibition hall. It was designed by Detroit architect C. Howard Crane.

That was in the mid-1930s. Perhaps it is an excellent idea to knock the whole thing down and see if we can 'construct a show centre to rival any other in the world'. After the success of the Olympics we ought to be very good at it!

Top Bottom