Google has it's lights out....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Yeah it has quite a visual impact Stev'o but after a while its starts to hurt your'e eyes.

At the end of the day though its all gimicks.....nothing short of a new ice age is gonna persuade us to turn the bloody lights out or should i say nothings gonna persuade my 'wife' to turn the bloody lights out.

got-to-get-fit

By the way Steve, have you had a look at the new FHM this month?

As well as the collection of lovelies that are usually paraded in there, they have a bike feature and the BMC is the featured road bike ....looks tasty

Frazer

On google's information site it says that it has gone black to raise awareness for Earth Day. but going black with modern screens doesnt actually save energy, some studies say it may actually slightly increase energy use...

however, there is a site http://blackoogle.us/ that apparently claims to be the same as google but save energy by going black. Now, one of them is lying....

EmGee DK

Read in the paper that WWF suggested that we all should turn of the lights for an hour using candles instead. However the CO2 generated by candles would actually be higher :cry:

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

got-to-get-fit said:
By the way Steve, have you had a look at the new FHM this month?

As well as the collection of lovelies that are usually paraded in there, they have a bike feature and the BMC is the featured road bike ....looks tasty

No mate....have never found an interest in them mags.
Might have to have a look for the ladies though....err the bike...:cry:

simoncc

As Google has switched its lights off for an hour or so to save the planet I can only assume that its founders have sold the huge corporate jet they bought for themselves a few years ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...orporate-jetset-with-a-boeing-767-513958.html

Maz

Guru
Was it some special day today? They normally change the standard homepage when it's [for example] St.Patrick's Day.

Keith Oates

Janner
My apartment decided to join in this morning, I switched on the light at the top of the stairs and there was a big bang followed by a house full of black. Finding the torch to see when resetting the fuse was a hassle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom