1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google has it's lights out....

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by stevenb, 29 Mar 2008.

1. stevenb

stevenb New Member

I like todays theme...it really suits my FF2 Redshift 2 theme......shame it wont stay this way.:cry:

2. got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit New Member

Yeah it has quite a visual impact Stev'o but after a while its starts to hurt your'e eyes.

At the end of the day though its all gimicks.....nothing short of a new ice age is gonna persuade us to turn the bloody lights out or should i say nothings gonna persuade my 'wife' to turn the bloody lights out.

3. got-to-get-fit

By the way Steve, have you had a look at the new FHM this month?

As well as the collection of lovelies that are usually paraded in there, they have a bike feature and the BMC is the featured road bike ....looks tasty

4. Frazer

Frazer New Member

On google's information site it says that it has gone black to raise awareness for Earth Day. but going black with modern screens doesnt actually save energy, some studies say it may actually slightly increase energy use...

however, there is a site http://blackoogle.us/ that apparently claims to be the same as google but save energy by going black. Now, one of them is lying....

5. EmGee DK

EmGee DK New Member

Read in the paper that WWF suggested that we all should turn of the lights for an hour using candles instead. However the CO2 generated by candles would actually be higher :cry:

6. OP
    OP
    stevenb

stevenb New Member

No mate....have never found an interest in them mags.
    Might have to have a look for the ladies though....err the bike...:cry:

7. curve

curve New Member

What are people going to do then sitting in the dark for an hour?

8. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

Use your imagination, you can have a lot of fun in the dark.:biggrin::smile:

9. simoncc

simoncc New Member

As Google has switched its lights off for an hour or so to save the planet I can only assume that its founders have sold the huge corporate jet they bought for themselves a few years ago.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...orporate-jetset-with-a-boeing-767-513958.html

10. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

I'm scared of the dark

11. craigwend

craigwend Grimpeur des Holderness

Thers also this (below) we were encouraged to use at work

http://www.blackle.com/

It's not as good and tends to default back to google

12. Maz

Maz Guru

Was it some special day today? They normally change the standard homepage when it's [for example] St.Patrick's Day.

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

My apartment decided to join in this morning, I switched on the light at the top of the stairs and there was a big bang followed by a house full of black. Finding the torch to see when resetting the fuse was a hassle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Milo

Milo Veteran

Horrible screen hurts my eyes.

15. got-to-get-fit

Thats a little contradictory when your avatar places you firmly on the dark side