Google Maps Publish restricted access routes - Sustrans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mini58

i some may know I am disabled - it is great to see that Google Maps is launching city maps of restricted access.

I had intended using NCN only for my LEJOG. This will prove to be impossible due to the barriers and restrictions on the route. My lack of mobility makes it difficult for me to get up and down from my trike.

I contacted Sustrans who told me they do not have information on what restrictions are in place on the routes. Sustrans consider themselves to be an inclusive organisation supporting people with disabilities.

It appears with my limited triking experience that Sustrans support two wheeled able bodied travel. I will have a clearer picture after I complete my LEJOG

I will on my return begin to compile some details on these restrictions

But once again WELL DONE GOOGLE MAPS

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
At the request of the OP, this thread is in the Adaptive and Disabled forum as well - please use the link below to reply in that copy of the thread.

This first post is copied here as it is relevant to trike riders as well as disabled riders.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/google-maps-publish-restricted-access-routes-sustrans.231735/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom