Google searches - how do you get rid of search sites?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Does anyone know how when you are searching for an item such as winter tights on google, you can do a search without getting all the sites like Bizrate, shopping yahoo, getprice etc.

All they ever seem to do is point you back to the sites you already know about such as wiggle and evans rather than actually looking properly for you. And half the time you click the link then they say sorry we haven't got that but what about a kettle instead:cry::biggrin:.

domtyler

Über Member
Just do a minus sign in front of the name of the site you want to exclude.

So for example, you could search on:

Winter cycling gloves -bizrate -ebay

and that should provide you with the standard search results without any from bizrate or ebay.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Have you tried clicking on the "shopping" tab under google and searching there? you can quickly scan through the sellers that way, I've found some real bargains :blush:

Maz

Guru
Whatever you do, don't type 'google' into Google - internet goes up its own arse. I did this last thing before I left work one day and had all hell to pay when the IT bods found out it was me.

Maz said:
Whatever you do, don't type 'google' into Google - internet goes up its own arse. I did this last thing before I left work one day and had all hell to pay when the IT bods found out it was me.

Naughty. You're just tempting me to do it now aren't you?

Carwash

Señor Member
Bizarrely, 'google' is apparently one of the more frequent searches they get. It seems that they're so fundamental to how people use the web nowadays that they've effectively supplanted typing URLs into the address bar.

Well, either that or some people are very stupid. Probably both. :thumbsdown:

Top Bottom