1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Street View

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by PrettyboyTim, 23 Jun 2008.

1. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Last week shortly after I had cycled past the Arsenal Emirates stadium, I passed a car with a bizarre set of cameras and other gadgetry on a big post sticking out of the roof.

At first I thought it was Magnatom and was about to ask what he was doing in London until I noticed that the vehicle had four wheels rather than two. Anyway, it looked very much like this:

2584018127_a18b0cd088_m.jpg

I didn't spot a Google logo on the car at the time, but the apparatus on top looked identical. I guess we're going to get Google Street View in London some time soon.

Anyway, when it does arrive, have a look out for me riding north along Drayton Park.

2. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

so THAT'S how they do it.... coool!

3. Night Train

Night Train Guest

Hasn't there been complaints of invasion of privacy in America?

4. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Not sure how long it takes them to do it. The orange vans in google spent yonks driving america. Hehe perhaps we'll see you on google street sometime!

5. barq

barq Senior Member

Yes, although Google are apparently planning to deal with this by using software to identify and then blur-out faces.

6. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

But why ?