Google StreetView 3D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Anyone else spotted the little chap in the 3D glasses when using Google's Streetview.

It actually works pretty well, I reckon, assuming you have 3D glasses handy. (Having 2 pre-teens in the house helps with having junk like that around. :sad: )

Yip I noticed that, I've been wanting to check it out but I don't have glasses (the 3d type anyway).

OP
OP
N

Norm

Well, I wouldn't suggest that it is mind-altering enough that everyone needs to go and get some coloured plastic to make their own, but if you have some around anyway, it's worth a play.

OP
OP
N

Norm

I guess it's been around a week since I used StreetView then.

But hey, I may have been a slow starter but at least I've got the 3D glasses.
nerner.gif

rusky

CC Addict
Even if you have 3D glasses in the house, I wouldn't bother getting up from your chair to get them!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I have some 3d glasses from the cinema (yes, yes, I know) but they don't do the biz. Think you need the red/blue ones like the little man wears... will try to improvise...:biggrin:

theloafer

Legendary Member

buddha

Veteran
I've just found a use for my old lidl cycling glasses. There's already a blue lens. I only need to find a red marker pen for the other.;)
NB: one blue and one yellow doesn't work BTW

kendalcottages

I have some 3D glasses handy from when Jaws was on the TV back in the 80s... they came free with the 'paper... now then, where did I put 'em? ;)

OP
OP
N

Norm

addictfreak said:
...daughter buys a new pair every time shes goes to watch 3D at pics.
Be prepared for dissatisfaction, AF. Firstly, because the ones at the pictures (Avatar, Alice etc) use polarisation to separate the images and Google uses anaglyph (the red / green lenses).

The second cause for disappointment is that they are usually given away at the cinema, so I hope your daughter hasn't been stinging you for an extra fiver each time. :biggrin:

Top Bottom