Gooood Evennnnninnnnnnggggg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jodami84

Hi folks,

Just in the early stages of catching the cycling bug having been set a challenge of a triathlon (2 runs and ride kind) for charity. Got into running last year, now have to get the biking sorted. Thought i was gonna be ok, but i appear not to be able to cycle anymore lol. When i was a kid u could just cycle anywhere, full pelt, without thinking. Cant ride up hills i could run up and down 4 times without stopping. Got a Reebok bike from a few years ago, but obviously want to upgrade that now im riding more often. Will be looking for as much help as possible ;)

Cheers

just jim

W e L c O m E !!!!!!

Jodami84 said:
Hi folks,

Cant ride up hills i could run up and down 4 times without stopping. Got a Reebok bike from a few years ago, but obviously want to upgrade that now im riding more often. Will be looking for as much help as possible ;)

Cheers

Yep. I'm certainly no exercise physiologist but I'm always surprised by the converse; I can ride up things that I can't run up, including things that don't go up at all! To see me run, you'd think this a community sercice.

Before I started riding, I thought that good lower limbs would serve for all sorts of things, and of course the cardiovascular fitness does. But I'm amazed at how particular is riding fitness. It's good, but only good for riding.

I recently had an involuntary 3 month break from riding, and a friend of mine (riding partner) insisted I go to the gym a few times before starting back in earnest. I thought she had flipped her lid; don't like exercising indoors (and you don't need to in tropical Australia) but I went. I have to say, reluctantly, that it really helped. I'm 47 so fitness decays pretty quickly, but a few sessions made the return to training much easier than my last break in 2008. Just a thought. PC

OP
OP
J

Jodami84

Yeah ive been racking up the k's in the gym too and that combined with more practice is helping. It took me 3 attempts to get up the hill near my house in one go, was blowing out my .... the first couple of goes. Not one to give up at all, just quite literally couldnt push down on the pedals no more.

bauldbairn

Hello and Welcome to the CC forums. :rofl:

Top Bottom