gorgeous

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

arn't they just the most beautiful vehicles you've ever seen ? I want one of my own. if I had one I'd convert it and live in it all summer down in the SW . maybe tour the coast of Britain.

I spotted these yesterday in a Somerset village . Really takes me back to my childhood when The'd stop the trams in Ilford high street to change the power lines over with long wooden poles :ohmy:

reptoncoachmini.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Eh? Wot? Can't see annyfink.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
They do have a very British interwar style - which I like a lot.

ChrisKH

Guru
Aye. I lived not far from the local bus garage as a kid and used them extensively. 30 or so years later the same buses are in the same garage except this time they're part of a museum. I think it's gone now but my son is a buff and we have had fun at this museum and others. Trains too. I distinctly remember doing York Railway Museum as a seven year old. Great stuff.

Mscott

Nice buses, but I'm not sure that going on holidays in one of these is a good idea!! You might hav to spend most of your time in a garage!!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Talk about 'eye of the beholder'....

There is a certain charm in their sturdy disregard for any aesthetic considerations in the relentless pursuit of function - like someone started off with 'a sort of tube shape to put the people in, then we'll need a bit on the front for the radiator and a bit on the top to put the number in, and...' - but the end result strikes me as cheerfully grotesque rather than 'beautiful' - sort of a Mr Potato Head on wheels.

Saddle bum

Über Member
When most people used buses, the bus driver was a respected member of the working fraternity. Today, they are only just short of homicidal maniacs.

Top Bottom