Got a new (2nd hand) bike, now what?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Oh I didn't pay the price in the link, that was just a specifications list.

I got it second-hand for £200.

Ah, misunderstood I thought the link was the one you bought.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Have you tried it for size or just assuming it is too small? From that photo I’d say it has a lot of additional height in the saddle to be played with. If it’s really cramped and way too small then obvs it’s not suitable but I would be inclined to trey and tweak this and use it if at all possible. You mention it’s 2cm to small but in what dimension?

OP
OP
Mburton1993

Mburton1993

Über Member
Have you tried it for size or just assuming it is too small? From that photo I’d say it has a lot of additional height in the saddle to be played with. If it’s really cramped and way too small then obvs it’s not suitable but I would be inclined to trey and tweak this and use it if at all possible. You mention it’s 2cm to small but in what dimension?

Since been on a ride, it was alright although the chain scrapes on the front derailleur in 1st, 2nd, 9th, 10 & 11th, still got to fine tune it.

The dimension mentioned being 50cm from centre of BB to top of seat tube which Cannondale size guide says too small, but comparing it to the run around bike that's 50cm too and that's just right and there's only a centimetre in it from seat post to the handlebar clamp and the reach is about the same too.

Which is nice.

Last edited:

davidphilips

Veteran
That was a great buy at £200, use it for a bit to make sure every thing works great then if you do still want to swap over the parts go for it, you will be able to sell the caad8 frame and forks and recoup quite a bit of your outlay for the cannondale.

OP
OP
Mburton1993

Mburton1993

Über Member
That was a great buy at £200, use it for a bit to make sure every thing works great then if you do still want to swap over the parts go for it, you will be able to sell the caad8 frame and forks and recoup quite a bit of your outlay for the cannondale.

Yes I thought so too, for the parts I wanted an Aksuim wheelset would have been £180 from Decathlon, the 105 shifters would have been atleast £90 2nd hand looking at eBay then £20-30 for handlebars. Instead a whole bike for £200 with delivery. :smile:

Top Bottom