Got a new a hobby......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm still beavering away, though I have only won £25 on the PBs in the last year. I'm hoping to get one decent win to help see me through to my state pension in just over a year's time.
Alas, that never happened, but I managed to limp through to retirement anyway.

I got what looked like some junk mail today and was about to put it in the recycling bin but I decided to check it just-in-case... Good job I did - there was a cheque for £250 in the envelope, another competition win! :smile:

ColinJ

After postie's fruitful visit earlier, I was feeling lucky when there was a gentle knock at the door just now... Maybe it would be a camera crew and a senior company figure standing there, ready to hand over a cheque for £50,000+? Admittedly, it sounded more like the polite knock of a Jehovah's Witness. :whistle:

When I opened the door, it turned out NOT to be a JW...

... it was actually 2 JWs! :laugh:

(I politely declined their offer to discuss the contents of the latest copy of Watchtower.)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
After postie's fruitful visit earlier, I was feeling lucky when there was a gentle knock at the door just now... Maybe it would be a camera crew and a senior company figure standing there, ready to hand over a cheque for £50,000+? Admittedly, it sounded more like the polite knock of a Jehovah's Witness. :whistle:

When I opened the door, it turned out NOT to be a JW...

... it was actually 2 JWs! :laugh:

(I politely declined their offer to discuss the contents of the latest copy of Watchtower.)

Should have invited them in for an orgy

ColinJ

Should have invited them in for an orgy
I'd be frightened that they might call my bluff! :laugh:

My dad, a non-believer, always told them he was a practicing Jew. That got rid of them pretty sharpish
I tried that once...

I tried to put off one JW by stating that I was a devout Jew (I am actually an atheist), thinking that would put him off, but he said that he would be very interested in having a long chat to compare our religious beliefs! :banghead:
:wacko:

Top Bottom