Got a new Brommie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Noticed online that Brompton were selling the A-line Brommies again, so I ordered one. It arrived in a box at a local bicycle shop. I was surprised to learn the bike shop had to build the bike up. On picking it up, I was asked whether I knew how to fold it/unfold it. I said I I'd owned one before, then could not fold it up when I reached home, because I did not know about the lever that locks the rear triangle out. The seat post is a bit tall for me. I might get that changed in the future. I might replace the left pedal with a folding pedal in the future as well. It is nice to have three working gears again.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I said I I'd owned one before, then could not fold it up when I reached home, because I did not know about the lever that locks the rear triangle out.

:laugh:
I'd probably fail that too, when it first came out I used to wonder WTF the people were doing where they'd pick up their brommie and the rear wheel didn't sag down.

I'm unsure whether it adds much, except 0.5 seconds to the fold process

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
:laugh:
I'd probably fail that too, when it first came out I used to wonder WTF the people were doing where they'd pick up their brommie and the rear wheel didn't sag down.

I'm unsure whether it adds much, except 0.5 seconds to the fold process

I think it is useful for carrying up steps at railway stations without having to fold the bike up.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think it is useful for carrying up steps at railway stations without having to fold the bike up.

people say this, yet I managed that with a flopping back wheel, I use to rest the saddle on my shoulder and because the wheel folded down, it didn't hit anyone behind me in the face.

gom

Über Member
My recollection is that c 2000 a not infrequent topic was diy ways to lock out the fold. I never added anything myself, but I carry a loop of bungee cord to stop the fold when loading the rack.

CEBEP

It used to be that if you rotated the rubber bung 90 degrees the rear triangle hung free (it does on my 2009 bike)

Same on mine, 2021

Top Bottom