Got asked today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
by a school kid "how much did those pedals cost, Mister?". I thought he was a fellow cyclist and recognised them, but when I told him how much and he asked why they were so small I realised otherwise. :smile:

He then asked me why I didn't fall off every time I stopped when I explained the clipless aspect of them!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
You cold have said "It's my brother's bike, and he has really tiny feet". :smile:

byegad

Legendary Member
Problem is, being of a suspicious nature. Whenever someone asks 'How much?' I feel they have at least half an eye on resale value!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
byegad said:
Problem is, being of a suspicious nature. Whenever someone asks 'How much?' I feel they have at least half an eye on resale value!

I lie and say i was real cheap. I said i got my folder for £50 and the chav that asked was amazed.;)
Maybe it was someone on here having a joke with you. Maybe you have a stalker.

postman

Legendary Member
Got asked today

Would i mend a puncture poor lad was couple of miles from home on a bmx bikes.And was pushing it home tube and tyre hanging out and off.Did the deed and merrily sent him on his way.Not the ideal bike for going out on.

yenrod

Thats very nice of you Posty !

Once whilst sitting on 'the bike' outside my bro-in-laws talking 1 sat pm prior to 'getting off' (going/leaving - translation for you non-liverpool speakers) a lad of not great repute asked how much etc...so i gave him a VERY concise answer to which the answer was almost comical "oh..." as he just didnt think I was to give him that kind of answer - as i expanded on the bits Ive put on it etc...funny in a way though I wasnt expecting him to soo reactionary but more negative than he did retort !

Top Bottom