got given a card to join a cycling club!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sarahpink

well as I was on a cycle ride this morning two men approached me from the mid devon cycling club and told me about a womens group they do on a tuesday evening and about who to contact!! was so happy when I was cycling back, defintly going to go along and see what I think slightly worried that I won't be able to keep up though but quite excited. they do road racing, time trials etc and their doing the dartmoor sportive at the end of this month.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Go for it- you won't regret it.

Will1985

Über Member
Mid Devon is good - a few problems at the moment with male Cat 2 racers, but overall a decent setup which breeds lots of top riders. Close links with former Tour rider Colin Lewis and his shop...I'm guessing he is still a member/coach.

Cayopro

Join the club, you dont have to commit straight away, give it a go for a few rides and see how you get on......... Im sure once youve done 1 or 2 rides with them there will be no looking back !!!

MajorMantra

Your fitness and bike handling will improve in leaps and bounds if you ride with a club - go for it. There's nothing quite like the rush of being in a big group, especially when it's fast.:laugh:

Don't worry too much about speed though - any decent club will have slower rides for new people and they should teach you about group etiquette.

OP
OP
sarahpink

sarahpink

hi thanks for the replies, quite looking forward to it actually.

will1985-as far as I am aware colin lewis is still involved within the club, think they are also sponsored by colin lewis cycle shop.

longers

Legendary Member
ttcycle said:
Have fun - I'm sure they'll be prepared for new people.
The fact that they're out and about approaching people sounds very encouraging.
To quote someone else: "have fun!"

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
MajorMantra said:
Your fitness and bike handling will improve in leaps and bounds if you ride with a club - go for it. There's nothing quite like the rush of being in a big group, especially when it's fast.:smile:

Don't worry too much about speed though - any decent club will have slower rides for new people and they should teach you about group etiquette.

Agreed.

Top Bottom