Got knocked off this morning!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shorinjidude

Über Member
Got knocked off this morning at the end of the Strand coming in to the city. Oddest thing was I was at the front waiting for the lights but behind about ten other cyclists when a cyclist tries to cut into a gap betwen me and the first car behind and just to my left. Fella takes out my back wheel somehow and perhaps as I'm new to clipless I went right over :rofl:

To be fair he waited and was very apologetic, but it's dangerous enough with the cars behind you, never thought I'd have to worry about cyclists as well!

mr Mag00

rising member
oh dear, sorry to hear that there are some idiots out there!

I can always forgive someone if it is a genuine mistake and they apologise. Still it wouldn't have been fun to be dumped on the floor. :rofl:

manalog

Über Member
Be careful out there, as someone already mentioned there are idiots out there be in Cars, bikes or motorbikes. This morning on Jamaica Road a number of cyclist were waiting at the lights and some idiot on his bike just squeezed past me and another cyclist at speed he could have knock someone over. :rofl: These are the same people who give us bad names, idiot on bike and perhaps even more of an idiot when driving his car.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
Another cyclist nearly hit me this morning, I was most annoyed. Another one came damn close while RLJing a few weeks ago and nearly hit a pedestrian as well. The ped and I caught each other's eye an when I muttered 'Bloody cyclists' with a wink he laughed his head off.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Sounds like a genuine mistake, very unfortunate for you though! At least he was kind enough to say sorry, some people would've tried to blame you for it. Hope you're ok.

This made me jump.As I was crossing the RAMA 4 in Bangkok unbeknown to me a motorcyclist overtook on the inside of a bus.I couldn't see him till he appeared from the bus and the kerb doing at least 20mph.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Bleedin' cyclists, they're the worst. Apart from the pedestrians of course...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[quote name='swee'pea99']Bleedin' cyclists, they're the worst. Apart from the pedestrians of course...[/quote]

Yeh.....+1 :smile:

Had a chap undertake me at lights on the way home last night - the only way I knew he was there was that I could see part of his shadow. Trek 1.5's are a little quicker off the mark than a fixed, over about 20 feet.....then it was bye..bye....:biggrin:

atbman

Veteran
It wasn't a genuine mistake. It was a combination of stupid/selfish riding and incompetentbike handling

Top Bottom