Got locked out last night.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Arrived home from work last night at 2330 hrs to find that one of my front door locks had jammed and I was stranded outside.
No matter how much I wiggled and jiggled the key or how much brute force I used, the lock would not budge. So, in desperation, I called a 24 hour locksmith.
Three hours later he arrived and even he had trouble with it. I said to him that I thought he'd have a some burglars' lockpicks and be in in a jiffy. He responded that I'd been watching too much telly.
In the end he dismantled my lock from the outside, let me in and replaced the lock with a new one while I made him a coffee. £150 it cost me, which I think is pretty reasonable, considering the time of night and that he had to come 20 miles.
So why am I up at this time on my day off you ask? Well: it's not raining (yet) my bikes are whispering to me and all the trees are out in blossom.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Commiserations Betty.

Yesterday I went out of the front door of my Dad's flat to meet an estate agent and the door was on a spring and slammed shut behind me with my keys, my bike , my coat in the flat. Bollix! I got a taxi to work and waited until my sister came home from work in the evening with the spare key.

Does anyone hide a spare home door key anywhere? My neighbours have one to our house but they were at work.

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
thanks!
I keep a spare set of keys at work, which is 5 mins bike ride away. These didn't work either. Must remember to take the spare new one in.

ChrisKH

Guru
I had the same problem with a deadlock on my front door but after forty minutes of gently carressing the lock it did spring. Once the door was open I dismantled the lock and found the retaining springs were overstretched and off their perch (or sommat similar). So I dismantled, cleaned all the bits with WD 40 and re-sprung the lock and added a dose of oil for good measure. Been as good as new ever since.

Top Bottom