got my new tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephyt

and love them so far ^_^ bought and fitted at by the lovely guys at cj cycles in crammy,
schawlbe hurricane perfomance line, soo smooth compared to the stock mtb tyres u get on halfords bikes, went out on my usual route of about 5 mile and according to strava app it took me 46 mins so ive shaved approx ten mins of my time and my average speed went up to about 10 mph and 15/16mph on a long straight :laugh::bicycle:

so if your hesitating about gettin smooth tyres to change from mtb tyres go for it lol its well wort it ;)

Nearly there

Veteran
I put slicks on my mtb too before I invested in a road bike and yes it makes a difference If your using your bike on the road more keep it up stephyt:thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Makes a huge difference. Put some fast light 1.2" slicks on and MTB's are about as fast as a road bike. :thumbsup: Crap off road though, never mind a muddy path. :laugh:

OP
OP
stephyt

stephyt

Nice one stephyt
Where is cj's?
I used to live in crammy ( beacon hill grange) back in 90's so don't think it was there then.

its at the bottom end of high pit along klondyke way? think its called i live right next to the BT exchange so its only a few mins away... think hes only been there a couple year according to the website :thumbsup: ive only lived here since march so still gettin to know there area and routes to cycle along.. found my way into nelson ind' estate and and got lost lol :blush:

Some great routes run out from there.
Often drop back through crammy on the return of a 50miler, via sheepwash n bedlington onto Newcastle.

Top Bottom