Got told off for not wearing a helmet!

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

@Pat "5mph" although if it does descend into a debate, please delete, it wasn't intended as a debate just a curious thing that happened.

D

Deleted member 1258

As someone who's never worn a helmet I have this now and again, I just ignore them.

Sharky

Guru
In Tonbridge this afternoon and I almost told a couple of cyclists to wear their helmets correctly. They had helmets, but they were pushed to the back so much that all the front of their skull was exposed.

But I didn't. They passed too quickly and I was walking.

bladderhead

YukonBoy said:
You should have replied "Where's your hamster".
Is this going to become a debate about hamsters? I thought the badger thread was bad enough.

Actually, I never ride with a hamster. It really pisses me off when people tell me I should.

GilesM

Legendary Member
Only ever been asked once, and I was a wee bit surprised, I'd just enjoyed the lovely steep descent on the road down from Brimham Rocks, and was in a much too good state of mind to be offensive, so I just pointed to my head, and told her not to worry as there's nothing in there, but it did strike me as odd that another cyclist could be ar$ed to even mention it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In Tonbridge this afternoon and I almost told a couple of cyclists to wear their helmets correctly. They had helmets, but they were pushed to the back so much that all the front of their skull was exposed.

But I didn't. They passed too quickly and I was walking.

My SIL does this - not told her yet !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wear a helmet then decide when not to wear one. It's risk assessment. I have been called for 'not' wearing a helmet on a family pootle, all the family were on very capable MTB's on a shared path (tarmac) at low speed... none of us had a helmet as we weren't moving very fast. The person commenting had 'obviously' not tried exercise. I just said 'don't need one'..

Yet, today, I was armoured up, elbow pads, helmet, and a camelbac with spinal protection. But said 'complainer' would never have got to where I did today.

Stephenite

Membå
A bloke across the road (he's moved now TF) used to shout incomprehensible jibberish at me if he saw me on a bike without a helmet. I'd only be popping out to the shop for milk and bread, or something. It was getting embarrassing and I was waiting for a suitable opportunity for a quiet word. Now, i know a fair bit about this chap. He is employed as a teacher at my sons' school but 'games' the benefit system. He works just a few weeks each year. He is an WOW addict playing eight to 16 hours a day. He is very unfit and very overweight. He wangled an electric four-wheeled scooter out of the system which he and his wife (relatively fit) used for every tiny miniscule movement until they got a mini-SUV. The chap is absolutely blummin useless.

Top Bottom