Got well-screwed last night...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was walking back from the shops in the dark last night and had just started to cross the road when I felt a sharp pain in my right foot. I hopped across the road and then looked at the sole of my shoe and saw that a 3 inch screw had gone right through it :laugh:! Fortunately I hadn't put my full weight on it or I'd have made a right nasty mess of my foot, rather than just getting a little scratch. What I can't understand is how it happened, unless somebody had carefully booby-trapped the road by balancing the screw on its head.

Years ago, I was riding my mountain bike along the towpath of the Rochdale canal and I suddenly lost all pressure in my front tyre. When I took a look at the tyre, I saw that a 4 inch nail had entered the sidewall on one side next to the rim, had gone through the middle of the tube, and had emerged on the far side of the tyre, next to the rim. I could cycle for another 100 years and never have that happen again :laugh:!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
could have been nasty both times col!

Noodley

Ouch! :laugh:

Brings back childhood memories of trying to get a nail into a bit of wood by putting the nail pointed end up into the ground, balancing the wood on top and jumping on it. New shoes....and hole in foot.

longers

Legendary Member
I've had a nail come through my wellie right between my big toe and the next one.
Not a scratch. Couldn't do it again if I tried.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

My late father worked for Wimpeys in the 1960s so he spent a lot of time on building sites. One day he decided to take a short cut to get down off some scaffolding for his tea-break. Instead of walking along to the ladder at the far end, he jumped down and landed on a plank with a rusty nail sticking out of it. It went straight through his foot :o)! His workmates had to use a crowbar to detach him from the plank...

Makes me feel queasy just thinking about it :tongue:!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Oh God - memories of injuries are flooding back now...

When I was at school, aged about 8, I was sat next to spoiled-little-rich-kid. He had a big pencil case full of nice stuff, and all I had was one crappy HB pencil. Anyway, we had to draw something and I bust the point on my pencil so I asked him if I could borrow his pencil sharpener or one of his pencils. He laughed and said "No!". I asked him again. He said no again. So I did what any self-respecting 8 year-old would do and grabbed his pencil sharpener. He did what any self-respecting bloody-psycho-lunatic would do, went ape-shoot on me, jumped to his feet, started screaming and raised his pencil hand above my head and...

I kinda remember thinking "What is he going to do with that pencil?" And then...

... he stabbed me with it :o)! It went straight through my cheek and speared my tongue! Brought tears to my eyes, I can tell you...

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?

yenrod

ColinJ said:
... he stabbed me with it :biggrin:! It went straight through my cheek and speared my tongue! Brought tears to my eyes, I can tell you...

What a class twat !

I hope he paid for that.

I recall walking across the bedroom floor and impaling myself on a 4" needle - went down like a bag of spuds - I (millisecond) thought, if i put my full weight on this then it could be bad...thank christ it was only :o) 'lodged in' compared to all the way thru or in a vein.

I grabbed a pair of pliers (thats a story for another day ;)) and thought: if it bleeds then I have to get an ambulance prettydamquick upon removal..but thankfully it was just lodged in the cartlidge or something that didn't bleed ! [thankfull].

Still, I kicked myself for discarding it on the floor in the 1st place !

:tongue:

I have a garage mechanic relative who skewered the fleshy bit between thumb and finger with a screwdriver whilst fighting with a rusty jubilee clip. He ended up removing it in same way as a fishook, by having his mate grip it in a vice and hacksaw the handle off before pulling it through.

He still maintains he was more pi$$ed off at having to cut the screwdriver shaft as it was brand new.

Top Bottom