Gower Cycling Festival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
[QUOTE 4385714, member: 43827"]I just came across their website and was wondering if anyone has had experience of it and any views. I am 69, and only got back on a bike after retirement and a gap of over 30 years, and in the main, a solitary cyclist picking my own routes and speeds. I have sometimes wondered about trying out group riding and this seems to be a good place to start, but I am a bit worried about slowing others down.

I also like the idea of specific one-off ride events as I am not organised enough at adopting a regular schedule of group rides (or anything else for that matter).

To put my riding in context it is normally rides around 25 miles road and path in around 2.5 hours, including a longish coffee/cake stop on road or hybrid bikes, although a couple of times a year I do a 45 mile return ride from Merthyr to Brecon via Talybont, which takes a lot longer, with an even longer food stop in Brecon.[/QUOTE]

I've been involved in organizing it for years, although I've mostly stepped back this year because of other things. You'll fit in just fine - most of the rides are leisurely and all of them are no-drop. Cafe stops are de rigueur. There are usually a few really slow rides too if you want to ease yourself in gently. If you like the sound of any particular rides on the programme let me know and I can advise on how easy or tough they are, and how slow the leader is!

Top Bottom