.GPX library for cyclechat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mile195

Veteran
So I'm on a day off tomorrow, weathers looking good and I quite fancy going out for a ride. But, nice as the "round trip" feature on my cycle computer is, last time it took me 20 miles down the A20 - dull dull dull... Not quite what I was after. No comments on settings please - I now know why this was, however...

...I was thinking that between us all, I'm sure we have quite a large database of "decent" rides. I'm not talking about your trip to work or the shops, but nice rides out in the country on lanes where the tarmac's good, and the traffic's light.

I'd love to be able to browse this hypothetical library right now for a route that starts near my house, ends near my house and takes in some decent roads along the way. I'd like to be able to download it, put it on my bike computer, and go out riding.

Is this something worth incorporating into cyclechat? I'm not sure a thread with a load of files attached is the place as it would quickly become impossible to search for something local to everyone.

Just a thought... what are yours?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You can get what you are looking for with ridewithgps

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Map my ride has a lot of suggestions too.

Having spent 27yrs living around Tunbridge Wells ( west kent ) I have to say my very favourite routes are through the flat lands of East Peckham, Yalding, Marden and all the way down to Rye. I don't live there now but I do miss those rides.

Plotaroute, ridewithgps etc have a good library of routes and not just the UK but the much of the World. You can search based on proximity, distance etc.

ps there are folks that even loaded very short routes to nearby supermarkets, great for touring.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
+1 for ridewithgps.com. It's a nice idea, but there's really no need to reinvent the wheel here.

Top Bottom