graeme obree dvd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
just got the dvd after being unable to get to see the film.
best hour and a bit i've spent in a long time.
glad to see the film shares my view of the U.seless C.hildish I.diots of the "wcf":biggrin:

Just been reading his book. Very honest about his demons and the reason for them, and refreshingly unobsessive about recording every microsecond of every minor victory. Very generous to all who helped him.

mondobongo

Über Member
Not seen it yet but its on my Christmas list, read the book last month a really good read. Dark in places but to accomplish what he did whilst fighting those demons is some feat.

snorri

Legendary Member
You might not be getting the press coverage down south regarding Glasgow winning the bid to hold the Commonwealth Games.
Mr Obree has been causing some controversy on the BBC by not being over enthusiastic and saying the money could be better spent to promote sport in Scotland. (or words to that effect)

doyler78

Watched the film first and thought it was quite well done and enjoyed it. Decided to buy the book and what a contrast. A really honest account of his battle with manic depression. The book and film provide the same story from two completely different viewpoints. Taken as a whole thought it was a really amazing insight into someone's life.

snorri said:
You might not be getting the press coverage down south regarding Glasgow winning the bid to hold the Commonwealth Games.
Mr Obree has been causing some controversy on the BBC by not being over enthusiastic and saying the money could be better spent to promote sport in Scotland. (or words to that effect)

In a way I agree with him.The Olympics are being held about 3 miles from my home and I also think the money could be better spent in the East End.

OP
OP
P
although it's nowhere near me i think i agree as well.
they could be left with state of the art facilities that hardly get used after the event.

OP
OP
P
Terminator said:
I like they way he sort of lives and breathes bikes very similar to a lot of us really and I bet a few of us got a bike as a present.I know I did.

I take it he still cycles.

this is a photo of him earlier this year riding something like 60x 12 or14 fixed.click for bigger pic.

View attachment 158

Top Bottom