Grand Prix 4000S Tire Blowouts!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
MOD Note:

Orr Wullie is not usually classified as a Cycling Component ! :ohmy:

Please keep it On Topic. :thumbsup:

I am puzzled by this intervention. The ''topic'' was exhausted by post 3. The rest is a bit of light hearted banter, loosely connected to the OP title. Where is the harm, and what is the purpose of bringing this discussion back to topic?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
No problems with any of mine; one was still going strong last year at 3000+ miles (front) and is on another bike although I get about 2000 miles from a rear one.

sittingbull

Veteran
This tyre was about 6 weeks old:

GP4000S.jpg

The photo was sent to Continental (by a friend of mine whose bike it was on) who said to forward it to the retailer.

PBK immediately replaced the tyre on the strength of the photo without the need to return the tyre.

400bhp

Guru
I am puzzled by this intervention. The ''topic'' was exhausted by post 3. The rest is a bit of light hearted banter, loosely connected to the OP title. Where is the harm, and what is the purpose of bringing this discussion back to topic?

weird moderation.

Seen plenty of that lately.

zacklaws

Guru
I had two blow outs on Conti 4000s last year, both whilst descending a hill, one whilst on Season of the Mists", brand new tyre totally shredded on that one (but that damage was caused by rolling down the hill as I tried to stop with the tyre off the rim) and the second on a one day 170 mile coast to coast, descending a very steep hill with too many blind ninety degree corners to ease off on the brakes and free run, into Pately Bridge. I put it down to the rims overheating though which effect the molecular structure of the tyre itself making it easier to come out of the rim and not the tyre itself.

Top Bottom