Grand Traversèe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tritom

I am planning on doing the Grand Traverse Massif Central.The nearest airport is Beziers Cap d'Adge does anybody know if they would sell me a box or bag for my bike at the airport, any advice much appreciated

OP
OP
T

Tritom

Thinking of doing this nxt year looks really good route the only problem is getting my bike on the plane.The nearest airport is Beziers,does anybody know if you can get a box or a bag at the airport to put my bike in or is there a bike shop near by who could do it for me,any advice would be much appreciated.Can get a Ryanair flight from there to Edinburgh then cycle back to glasgow,thanks tom

Thinking of doing this nxt year looks really good route the only problem is getting my bike on the plane.The nearest airport is Beziers,does anybody know if you can get a box or a bag at the airport to put my bike in or is there a bike shop near by who could do it for me,any advice would be much appreciated.Can get a Ryanair flight from there to Edinburgh then cycle back to glasgow,thanks tom

Hello & Welcome!
My suggestion is rather than depend on well intentioned folk on the internet is to contact the airport directly. Time is on your side. I'd imagine it's unlikely, though unless there's some local reason that there might be a lot of bikes leaving.
The usual source for bike boxes is a local bike shop.
It would also be worthwhile clarifying if both airline and airport will accept a bike in a bag, if you decide to go for that option.

As always, CGOAB can be a good source of info from previous cyclists.

Good luck!

Sallar55

Veteran
Are you still going to do the Traversee. Been having a clear out of books and old mags, found this.
1000021285.jpg
Done a fair bit in the late nineties, bought the book in Orange to read for bike bus going home after doing quite a few sections. Was well signposted as it was fairly new.Its the French version, 1995 . Glasgow area if you want a look at the book , Coffee in Glasgow ? The Massif is one of my favourite areas of France.

Top Bottom