Granny hits 28mph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Went out today and stretched the comfort zones down some hills and am delighted to report a max speed of 28mph. This is a triumph! Thanks to everyone for last week's advice. Lots of it ran through my head at various points, including shouting 'wheeee' which I actually did, and it made me laugh so much I relaxed a bit and went faster!!!

I did actually whimper with terror at one steep moment, so a long way to go, but am feeling quite whizzy tonight!! Thanks again.

chris42

Well done you!
big 30 next!

Its a very slippery slope now you know.

First you get to 20, its not enough. Then 25, the need gets to you, you have to get more. Then 30, and you've succumb to it completely! Next thing is you go looking for places where you can get the thrill at every opportunity. Before you know it you've become ............ a SPEED JUNKIE! ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll then be doing over 30 on the flat in short bursts - like I did today - the motorbike and his pillion must have thought I was crazy as I outpaced them for half a mile ! ;)

bonj2

fossyant said:
You'll then be doing over 30 on the flat in short bursts - like I did today - the motorbike and his pillion must have thought I was crazy as I outpaced them for half a mile ! ;)

A doddery old foge cut me up on a roundabout the other day, didn't see me at all - was completely oblivious. Then he bumbled down the (uncongested) two-lane dual carriageway at about 20 so (it's a down hill) I overtook him on the right, shouting 'wotchit!!' through his open window. He was still oblivious. Shouldn't have been on the road.

yenrod

Yeah these drivers really do need checking for everyones sake !

S'pose its pride really - eh...

On the thread - anything over the latter 40's and I'm concentrating VERY VERY hard..!

Once done 46mph round an off-camber downhill corner in the wet on an MTB...seat of the pants ride that ! ! !

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!! It was fun!!!! 30mph on next ride, I promise ;) If I end up in hospital, I shall expect flowers from everyone on the forum!!

how anout not looking at the compy on the way down and only checking afterwards what the highest speed was.

i know that i used to get nervous when i looked at what speed i was doing... then i threw the compy away and had less problem descending at speed.

L

Top Bottom