Gravel bike for £1000-1500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I think Ti is a good material for gravel bikes. Lets face it theres more chance of coming off on gravel than tarmac. Would you rather throw a carbon bike or a titanium one down the road.

Milzy

Guru
How tall are you? I have a pinnacle Arkose D3 size small that’s been ridden only about 4 times. It shines & shimmers like new. Beautiful to look at & ride but I’m just a Roadie at heart.

OP
OP
F

Flloyd

Regular
Thanks for the replies all. I like the look of the Holdsworth one on Planet X. The On One is cool too. Doesn't seem to be much difference from the spec that I can see!

Thanks for the replies all. I like the look of the Holdsworth one on Planet X. The On One is cool too. Doesn't seem to be much difference from the spec that I can see!

If your budget can stretch a little, Merlin cycles have got a great looking wilier jaroon in stock in all sizes. Awesome steel bike, I'd buy it in a second.

https://www.merlincycles.com/wilier-jaroon-rival-gravel-bike-190687.html

The linked version is equipped with sram but there's also one with shimano grx that costs less but comes in a less appealing colour (at least in my opinion).

vickster

Legendary Member
If your budget can stretch a little, Merlin cycles have got a great looking wilier jaroon in stock in all sizes. Awesome steel bike, I'd buy it in a second.

https://www.merlincycles.com/wilier-jaroon-rival-gravel-bike-190687.html

The linked version is equipped with sram but there's also one with shimano grx that costs less but comes in a less appealing colour (at least in my opinion).
Good spot, shame I much prefer the green and white but would want SRAM :whistle:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I have the Giant Revolt 1 in the article linked in the OP. I am now in the process of selling my other bikes! It genuinely does do everything more than adequately for my modest abilities.

I got mine on the cycle scheme, and had a discount applied too!

Absolutely cracking bike, but like all bikes, not so many around at the moment. Good luck.

I have the Giant Revolt 1 in the article linked in the OP. I am now in the process of selling my other bikes! It genuinely does do everything more than adequately for my modest abilities.

I got mine on the cycle scheme, and had a discount applied too!

Absolutely cracking bike, but like all bikes, not so many around at the moment. Good luck.
Agree with that comment. 'Do everything' isn't 100% true if you are a fast roadie or stumpjumper, but they really are adaptable bikes. Got two sets of wheels for my Diverge Sport now, its the go-to bike. Didn't expect it to be so impressive either, particularly off-road on drops ^_^

Top Bottom