Gravel/winter bike/tourer with electronic gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am in the process of rationalising, my excessively large bike fleet.

One possible plan is to replace my winter road bike, my two touring bikes, and my mountain bike all with one new road/gravel bike that will do that will do some off-road and could do a moderate touring load..

Requirements are
  • Carbon, alloy or titanium frame
  • Will take reasonable size off-road tires but will ride well on 28/32mm road tyres. Off-road will be occasional and limited and pretty much always dry
  • Will take full mudguards (not Raceblades)
  • Will take rear pannier rack
  • Electronic gears, Shimano or SRAM.(due to Parkinson's, this is essential as I have weak hand strength)
  • Hydraulic disc brakes (due to Parkinson's, this is essential as I have weak hand strength)
I look forward to any clever suggestions!

Canyon Grizl eTap? Over £3k though.
Grizl_CQ-25.2e16d0ba.fill-1920x1200.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Canyon Grizl eTap? Over £3k though.
View attachment 686445

Of the carbon options, that's a strong one.

toffee

Guru
I am in the process of rationalising, my excessively large bike fleet.

One possible plan is to replace my winter road bike, my two touring bikes, and my mountain bike all with one new road/gravel bike that will do that will do some off-road and could do a moderate touring load..

Requirements are
  • Carbon, alloy or titanium frame
  • Will take reasonable size off-road tires but will ride well on 28/32mm road tyres. Off-road will be occasional and limited and pretty much always dry
  • Will take full mudguards (not Raceblades)
  • Will take rear pannier rack
  • Electronic gears, Shimano or SRAM.(due to Parkinson's, this is essential as I have weak hand strength)
  • Hydraulic disc brakes (due to Parkinson's, this is essential as I have weak hand strength)
I look forward to any clever suggestions!

Love how "rationalising the fleet" means buying another one^_^^_^^_^

toffee

Guru
I'm sorry, n+1 is of course the correct answer for cutting your fleet down. Have you learnt nothing? :smile:

Of course my latest arrived last November. We have what can be described as a fleet.

Top Bottom