Great bank account news!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just got a great e-mail from my bank (actually my old bank but I haven't got around to closing the account).

We are delighted to tell you that the rate on your cahoot standard savings account is increasing!

On your savings account ending xxxx, your rate will increase to 6.45% AER* on balances of £500,000 or more. So why not take advantage of this boost to your savings rate by transferring some funds into your cahoot savings account.

Brilliant! So all I need to do is find another £499,999.99 to put into the account to get this terrific rate. I'll just go and get my wallet......:blush:

Seriously though how many customers will have savings of this size?

(Be careful about boasting about you bank balances online folks! :smile:)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
is that all? doff your cap to moi at once. don't you know i ride a cheap bike and work for a living because i'm an eccentric millionaire?

if they made notes that big i'd paper the loo with them :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

alecstilleyedye said:
is that all? doff your cap to moi at once. don't you know i ride a cheap bike and work for a living because i'm an eccentric millionaire?

if they made notes that big i'd paper the loo with them :smile:

Hmmm. Note to self. Check to see if alecsttilleyedye is on the HMRC disks that I bought off of ebay last week......:blush:

domtyler

Über Member
You have to use a public bank? Oh the horror!! You should just get your own private bank like me!

OP
OP
M

magnatom

alecstilleyedye said:
bank? mine's stuffed into the tubing of my mtb, the one i leave unattended outside the pub. much safer there than a bank, and always cash when i need it.

Hmmm. Makes note to self. Pop down to where alecstilleyedye lives and look out for his bike. Shouldn't be difficult as he has posted them on cyclechat......mwahahahahah...:smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

User said:
Quite a few. Many of the people who queued outside Northern Rock branches to withdraw their life savings had deposits of that size (or larger).

Blimey. Were the Northern Rock interest rates that good....:smile:

Top Bottom