Great commute this week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
what a great week for my 13 mile commute. Absolutely love commuting in this glorious weather. And to top it all I got wolf whistled by a young lady tonight. Must have been my new tight cycling jersey ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Lucky git !

It's great, and with a bit of luck it will hold into next week as well. My new office is in a 200 year old building, and it's really cool (not hot) and not being in a car makes everything so nicer.....

Last year (old job) I was in a portacabin complex that got to plus 35c in hot weather.....not good, and a big drive home (air conditioned though)

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Been a great week, commuted Tuesday and today, 23 miles each way, giving it a rest tomorrow.

Traffic seemed a bit grumpier than normal on the way home both days, probably hot and bothered and jealous of being passed in somebody in shorts and t-shirt.

Enjoy it while it lasts all !

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
It's been a superb week for cycling up here in Edinburgh. I have noticed that drivers are getting a bit grumpier though when they're stuck in queues in the heat - many don't take kindly to me sailing by and they're determined to overtake me (far too closely) later if they ever catch up. Some have started pulling over to block the cycle lane if they beat me to the next set of lights - first time that's ever happened to me.

They don't then anticipate me nipping round behind them and filtering down the outside though.... :thumbsup:

Great thing about Ferry Road though is that it's pretty long and straight, so keeping up with (or passing) traffic is a breeze.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
pulling to the left or right to stop you filtering. Grrrrrrr that gets me ferkin goat. How petty? There is absolutely no need to do that. :thumbsup:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
goo_mason said:
they're determined to overtake me (far too closely) later if they ever catch up.

I hear you. Had a right prick in some little sporty number make it very obvious that he didn't take too kindly to being filtered past only last night :thumbsup:

So .... during the next traffic jam, lol when he's huffing and puffing, I made sure I filtered very closely to his lovely paintwork. :biggrin: The joys of the open and free road (if you're on a bike).

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Hairy Jock said:
Yea, it been a great week for cycling, I put in the fastest time this year on Tuesday...

The sun seems to help us to break personal bests ! I've set fastest to and from work times in the last two weeks when the sun was out (though I think growing confidence in both the handling of the new bike and mixing it with traffic has been a factor too).

Keith Oates

Janner
This time of year, with the winter behind us, it always seems to refresh the enthusiasm for riding in general and commuting in particular. Long may it last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom