Great Commute today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Was so stress free coming into the work on the bike this morning - even though i know its going to hammer down with rain on the way home - i wore just a base layer and my ultra watertight, breathable golf jacket over the top ( and bib longs of course).......and as it keeps me dry during a four hour round of golf

it should keep me dry for the 70min ride home

AncientWyvern

I find that starting the day off with a good cycle puts me in good stead for the rest of the day!

The opposite however, is also true.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

it felt that good - i wouldnt have cared if it had taken me 10hrs to get home - just one of those days i guess

daSmirnov

Smashed my personal best cycling back into work after my lunch, averaged 18.2mph (over about a mile)... Well pleased, put me on a high for the rest of the day.

However weather wasn't looking great when finishing work, and the wind had gotten up a bit. No problem, I'm on a roll today, get out late so missed most of the rush hour traffic, so time for a nice workout, I cycle 3 miles in the wrong direction with a nice tailwind. Then decide those nasty looking rain clouds are looking a tad close so turn around POWER through the four miles left into a nasty headwind and race to my door before it rains. Average of 15.2mph. Happy with that considering I had a 9mph almost straight on headwind for the last few miles.

Walk through the door just as it buckets down.

My thighs aren't thanking me now. But a good ride (and workout).^_^

No doubt tomorrow I'll be rained on, blown all over the place and have every bad driver in town pull out on me/try and overtake me. D'oh.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Thats the great thing about my commute - its all super smooth tarmac cycle track - for the 15 mile trip i only cycle 1 mile on the road..........its just stress free and soooooooo relaxing

might even start using the ipod :whistle: :popcorn:

Top Bottom