Great commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I use the same route to everyday there's nothing exceptional about it and at times it gets a little boring. I very rarely see other cyclists, maybe one or two over the 18 miles.
But what made Saturday mornings commute so great was the sheer number of other cyclists on the road. I must have seen at least 20 ( a record for me), nice to indulge in a little commuter racing for a change.
Time will tell if this is going to be a regular occurrence or if it's a combination of improved weather and the Wiggins effect.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
i see your in Tyne and wear Where about where you riding. Im shocked at the cyclists from the north east on this.
I get out a fair bit and seen some cyclists but nothing to support the wiggins effect that the media claims has bit the region

Cycling Dan, I get loads around where I live, High Heaton. In one mile stretch of my commute I get at least 5 coming the opposite way and rarely less than about 10 on the 5 mile commute.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Cycling Dan, I get loads around where I live, High Heaton. In one mile stretch of my commute I get at least 5 coming the opposite way and rarely less than about 10 on the 5 mile commute.
hmm must just be the times i go out at. Normally rush hour time around 4-5pm but theres like nothing. I expect the most round the cobalt or the siliverlink but nothing.
Must just be me :biggrin:

OP
OP
addictfreak
i see your in Tyne and wear Where about where you riding. Im shocked at the cyclists from the north east on this.
I get out a fair bit and seen some cyclists but nothing to support the wiggins effect that the media claims has bit the region

Im in Boldon, i commute to South Shields via a long route which takes me through Sunderland and then right along the coast giving me an 18 mile run.
Always loads out on the coast on weekends later in the day, but never seen as many at 0730 before.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Im in Boldon, i commute to South Shields via a long route which takes me through Sunderland and then right along the coast giving me an 18 mile run.
Always loads out on the coast on weekends later in the day, but never seen as many at 0730 before.
On the coast i see loads on weekends aswell. im one of them lol with my cam ha

The coast I tend to do s tynemouth to Blyth or vice versa on a 30 mile loop.
Be an odd day when I don't see cyclists on at stretch and that's on a Sunday 07:00 ride as well as evening rides

OP
OP
addictfreak
I see loads on my commute (Kingston Park to Town) and loads more on weekends out in Northumberland.

Great roads out in Northumberland, quiet with great scenery. Had a great run up to the cyclists cafe in Elsdon the other week. It was my first run over the Gibbet, a harsh headwind but well worth the effort. Always loads of roadies out up that way.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Kingston Park is our cross thru on the way out toward Dyke Nuek before further North toward Rothbury or east toward Morpeth and Ashington looping back.
And of course, the Cyclone

It's a pretty handy place to live. It's like the gateway to the great cycling roads of Northumberland.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Great roads out in Northumberland, quiet with great scenery. Had a great run up to the cyclists cafe in Elsdon the other week. It was my first run over the Gibbet, a harsh headwind but well worth the effort. Always loads of roadies out up that way.

I've never been to the cafe at Elsdon. Will have to head over there soon.

Top Bottom