Great day for cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

User66445

The wind is blowing it’s heart out, the rain is sheeting down and I’ve agreed to go on a 40km ride with someone who is impervious to both in about an hour.

Life doesn’t get much better.

P.S. I couldn’t find where to put this tale of woe, so please move as appropriate.

Good morning,

My tip for handling the rain; Don't wear any wet weather gear, just a light summer jersey and shorts.

If you do this you will get cold and soaked with the first 5 minutes and after that it can't get any worse, unless of course you collapse from hypothermia. :-(

Bye

Ian

OP
OP
U

User66445

Ian, a temporary reprieve gives me time to reply. OK, I'll try. But beware ! If a a snivelling wreck turn up on your doorstep next week with a stack of French medical bills, you'll know who it is !

Slick

Guru
I hope you enjoyed it?

Cycling in strong wind is not my favourite activity unless it's behind me. I am impervious to rain as I've worked in the elements all my working life and actually enjoy the way it focuses the mind to the task in hand.

Anyway, there's always someone else worse off than you as I've woken to 2 inch of snow here so no riding today.

OP
OP
U

User66445

Back. Beautiful sunny day now, and the wind has died down to a shadow of its former self. We ended up doing only only half the distance, not so much because of the conditions, but because of my shoes. Changed the pedals to clip-ons, which, at the moment, I can't use, so temporised with trainers. They looked to have enough tread to stick, but, alas, I couldn't get decent purchase, foot kept slipping, especially on the hills, to the point where I did the unthinkable. Yup, walked the remaining 100 metres up a hill.

Might do some more this afternoon, but on another bike. I can't really say I enjoyed this mornings ride, especially as the downhill section was a long, meandering one and all I could think about was a hot shower as opposed to the cold one I was enduring.

Last edited:

alicat

Legendary Member
Changed the pedals to clip-ons, which, at the moment, I can't use, so temporised with trainers. They looked to have enough tread to stick, but, alas, I couldn't get decent purchase, foot kept slipping, especially on the hills, to the point where I did the unthinkable. Yup, walked the remaining 100 metres up a hill.

Sounds like a cunning plan came good!

Top Bottom