Great feeling!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At the beginning of the year I was struggling to ride over 10 miles after a break from cycling, today I've completed my first 50 miler, and with the windy conditions i was happy with my time (3hours 45) although today was all about distance. chuffed to bits! I never thought I would get anywhere near this so to all those struggling for distance at the minute, it can be done!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Well done - next time you do a 50 it'll be easier.

OP
OP
Broughtonblue
Completed my 2nd one today, 51.5 miles really happy but, tried to improve on my time which I did considerably, 1hr29. I also wanted to average 15mph but I failed, I only managed 14.8!! Will have to do it all again now!

Dave7

Legendary Member
Well done......50 is my next target (managed 42 last week)
Knees n legs were OK but my poor BUM BONES:eek:......will take a week for them to stop hurting.

400bhp

Guru
bloody hope so, right knee hurting, thank goodness for ibuprofen! supposed to be going out tomorrow with a mate but will see how it goes

This shouldn't happen - might be worth doing a bit of research about bike set up (saddle height etc).

IanT

http://www.sprocketwaffle.co.uk
Good work mate. Your first half-century is a real milestone. Keep up the good work.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Completed my 2nd one today, 51.5 miles really happy but, tried to improve on my time which I did considerably, 1hr29. I also wanted to average 15mph but I failed, I only managed 14.8!! Will have to do it all again now!
u did 51.5miles in 1hr 29.........thats pretty quick

Top Bottom