Great North Bike Ride 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Event title: Great North Bike Ride
Event date/s Sunday 28th August 2016
Event Location: Seahouses, NorthumberlandA
Event Organiser: Chris Lucas Trust
Your Relationship: Organiser
Cost of entry: 30.00 http://www.greatnorthbikeride.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
Minimum sponsorship: £50
Beneficiary: CHRIS LUCAS TRUST www.chrislucastrust.com
Event link: www.greatnorthbikeride.com

Note: Helmet wearing is compulsory

Great North Bike Ride
Sunday 28th August 2016

Welcome to the great north bike ride, fundraising for Chris Lucas trust only, childhood cancer. read more

The great north bike ride starts from Seahouses at approximately 8:50am. You will cycle along the beautiful north Northumberland coastline. A designated area of outstanding natural beauty, Seahouses is the ideal starting point to explore this magnificent part of England. After cycling an estimated 60 miles along the scenic coastline you will arrive at Tynemouth priory and castle. Entry fee is £30 to include cycle top, medal and refreshments.

The great north bike ride is owned and is only fund-raising for Chris Lucas trust only no other charities are accepted. Your entry fee only covers the cost of running the event so please ask family and friends to sponsor you generously to make a real difference to the lives of children and young adults suffering from cancer.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Compulsory helmets :sad: and that is hidden in the FAQ so I mention it here because you could easily have signed up and paid before realising you're not welcome :sad:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't have any axe to grind here, and I don't care whether they require helmets or not, but it's worth pointing out that there's an inconsistency on the website that the organisers might want to rectify.

The event page states: "It is strongly recommended that all participants wear cycling helmets."
The FAQ page states "Yes it is compulsory, no helmet no ride"

(My italics)

Shaun

Founder
I've modified the first post to indicate that helmet wearing is compulsory and removed a few follow-up posts discussing it. The OP is aware of the inconsistency on the website now, so it doesn't need reiterating.

Thanks,
Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom