Great North Bike Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sunday 28th August 2016
Seahouses Northumberland 60 miles beautiful coastline to finish Tynemouth Priory passing the beautiful Warkworth Castle Alnmouth bay Amble marina.

£30 registration fee includes cycling top refreshments full breakdown back up on route and pick up.
WE also arrange transport to start before event and back afterwards if needed

All we ask is raise as much as you can no minimum.
All money raised goes to Chris Lucas Trust funding childhood cancer research www.chrislucastrust.com we fund scientific medical researchers based at ICR London so every penny counts.

Full details and registrations www.greatnorthbikeride.com

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
If this wasn't the bank holiday weekend then have cycled there and come back with the pack. There are a few in the club interested though

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's a bit odd that the FAQ says helmets are forced, but the event page only says they're recommended. Which is it?

I think you should allow freedom of choice in line with the law, as I've never seen an event check that helmets are in date and correctly fitted anyway, so it doesn't do much for safety.

It's a bit odd that the FAQ says helmets are forced, but the event page only says they're recommended. Which is it?

I think you should allow freedom of choice in line with the law, as I've never seen an event check that helmets are in date and correctly fitted anyway, so it doesn't do much for safety.
We do strongly recommend helmets we have seen some terrible accidents with cyclists not wearing helmets and as a event organizer safety is our first priority. We do not force helmets onto anyone I will contact our web guys today and make sur e site updated asap many thanks Lynn

Top Bottom