Green Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Tuned into this last night - we have never watched Green Day perform although we have liked a few of their singles but were never inspired enough by them to purchase an album.

Despite trying to 'get' what they are about I ended up thinking that they were totally lame - although the hyped-up fans in the audience seemed ecstatic I was to struggling to see what the excitement was all about.

The front man, one Billy Joe Armstrong (I admit to having to Google this), was a peculiar mixture of Norman Wisdom strutting across the stage with some of Davina's facial expressions at her absolute worst. He just didn't look 'Rock Star' at all. In itself this is ok if you can sing but he can't. Pure and simple he has a boring flat monotone voice that lacks real power. His cries of 'go!' and 'come on!' were comical. In short I like my lead singers to be able to sing and have some real charisma. BJA is as flat as a pancake.

I have no idea who the other members of the band are but they typify Stateside Rock to me - boring, and lazily bringing absolutely nothing to the party.

Green Day.......dull, tedious and massively over-hyped. Probably sound great when you are *issed though, but then so do One Direction.

Reactions: TVC

Julia9054

Guru
Just dropped my 2 lads off at Leedsfest. They are very excited to be seeing Green Day. Not my cup of tea tho. Never seen so much mud in my entire life!

Lullabelle

Banana
Tuned into this last night - we have never watched Green Day perform although we have liked a few of their singles but were never inspired enough by them to purchase an album.

Despite trying to 'get' what they are about I ended up thinking that they were totally lame - although the hyped-up fans in the audience seemed ecstatic I was to struggling to see what the excitement was all about.

The front man, one Billy Joe Armstrong (I admit to having to Google this), was a peculiar mixture of Norman Wisdom strutting across the stage with some of Davina's facial expressions at her absolute worst. He just didn't look 'Rock Star' at all. In itself this is ok if you can sing but he can't. Pure and simple he has a boring flat monotone voice that lacks real power. His cries of 'go!' and 'come on!' were comical. In short I like my lead singers to be able to sing and have some real charisma. BJA is as flat as a pancake.

I have no idea who the other members of the band are but they typify Stateside Rock to me - boring, and lazily bringing absolutely nothing to the party.

Green Day.......dull, tedious and massively over-hyped. Probably sound great when you are *issed though, but then so do One Direction.

Billy has been into rehab for substance abuse which wouldn't help. They were good as kids but as with a lot of bands (Bon Jovi) they get to a point when they have to decide: stick to their ideas and earn very little or go mainstream and earn a fortune. A no brainer really.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
they've grown old ... but it appears to be a good 'job' as far as jobs go

first saw them in 91(?) with 50 others at the Hull Adelph
92(?) 500 at Leeds Duchess of York

2001 - my stag weekend Leeds festival

2013 on TV reading ...

they've possibly aged better than me :idea: - though considerably richer &
if I was a X-teen again -
all you old fuddies wundunt knerr whut yer torking abowt...

U

User6179

Quite liked Green Day stuff in the past , not heard them live or any of their new stuff but they cant be as bad as 99% of the music in the charts right now .

Top Bottom