Greetings from Alameda, California USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goldcoastjon

Greetings!

I joined because I received yesterday a 1980-ish Carlton-made Raleigh Record Ace. It was purchased from a French seller who obtained it from a local (French) bike shop inventory. I am a long-time member of the Classic Rendezvous bike list and a fellow member of the CR list suggested that I might be able to learn more about my new frame here on Cycle Chat.

My Raleigh Record Ace (s/n WP "S" 0002075) has somewhat unusual Vitus dropouts front and rear and may have been made or detailed for the French market, as the Reynolds decal is mounted on the DT above the shift lever bosses. (Photos are attached.) I am looking for more information on Raleigh's Record Aces made from the late1970s through early 1980s and especially for those with serial numbers, lugs, braze-ons, etc., close to mine.

Like all of my bikes, the seat tube is short (49.5 cm CTC, 51 cm CTT) and the TT is long (54 cm CTC). I also ride a 53 cm 1972 Peugeot UO-18 mixte (my town bike/"truck"), a 1998 Albert Eisentraut with Campi Ergo 10-speed triple gears (52 CTT x 54 cm), a newly-modified-and-painted Windsor Profesional (51 x 55 cm CTC, my Eroica bike), and have a 1964 Super Mondia (52 cm CTT x 54 cm TT) and a Jack Taylor Tour of Britain waiting to be built or rebuilt.

I look forward to connecting with you all and discussing one of my life's defining passions -- bikes, of course -- here.

Attachments

• IMG_7809.jpg
    IMG_7809.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7828.jpg
    IMG_7828.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7817.jpg
    IMG_7817.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7836.jpg
    IMG_7836.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_7811.jpg
    IMG_7811.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Welcome Jon. I can't claim to be a classic bike aficionado at all, but I did have a Carlton Corsa back in the mid-70s. I also now live only about a half hour bike ride away from Worksop. Loosely threaded connections for sure.

I'm sure you'll already have spotted it, but the Vintage and Classic Bikes section might be of interest.

Top Bottom