Greetings from Alaska

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
What did she say? (Sorry, old joke......:rolleyes:)

Welcome to the forum. You are never too old :hello:

OP
OP
O

oldfatboy

Regular
Welcome from south Germany.

Please post pictures of your rides. We Like pictures, especially of (to most of us) exotic places like Alaska...
Thank you Andy, and others, for your welcomes :smile:
I have only a very few pictures of my rides, but will move them from phone to my laptop and post them.

OP
OP
O

oldfatboy

Regular
kenairiver_soldotnabridge.jpg
Here are two pictures of the Kenai river in southcentral Alaska. Known around the world for chinook salmon fishing. Also, in the first picture, you can see one particular mountain. That is actually an active volcano, and there are 3 other active volcanoes over there.
kenairiver_warrenbridge.jpg

hmmm, the pictures got reversed. 2nd picture is one with volcano :smile:

OP
OP
O

oldfatboy

Regular
harbor_north.jpg
harbor_south.jpg
shrimping.jpg
Welcome :welcome:

And I'm jealous of your fishing.:smile:
Thanks for the welcome.
Speaking of fishing...no fish pics, but 3 pics of harbor and out shrimping:

Also, every July 4th, there is a race, for runners, up and down the mountain in the second pic. The mountain is Mt Marathon. Quite a race, and it draws runners (male and female) from all over.

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Welcome spent 3 months in Alaska back in 2000; had a great time. No riding a bike though. Came up inside passage bit of time in Fairbanks then down Alaskan highway via Tok to the Yukon over the border.

OP
OP
O

oldfatboy

Regular
Been up and down the Alcan a number of times, but never the inside passage :smile:
However, I've been with my two brothers on a boat trip (my brothers' boat) completely around Admiralty Island.

Top Bottom