Greetings from Brasilia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sebinho

Hello, I'm an Australian living in Brazil for quite some years, although I was born in Brighton, England. Have almost always had a bike. First bike was a Raleigh as a young child in England. Rode a lot on a hybrid in Melbourne before moving here. Then bought a mountain bike but didn't adapt to it well, I think the frame was too small, and I've since given it to my son who is better suited to it. Shifted to a Dahon Speed Uno which was great, but after moving to a house from an apartment it just wasn't adequate for the distances involved around here. Here we have good roads and very long stretches, even bike paths. So I'm opting for a road bike. Something for exercise, mainly, and to indulge another hobby of mine, 35mm film photography. I'll perhaps even think about commuting to work, but that's around 20km away and it can get very hot here, I'm not sure that it would be very practical.

In a few days I'll take possession of a Principia Rex from, I believe, 2001. It looks in excellent condition and apparently only ever had occasional use. It's currently fitted with a triathlon aero/bullhorn bar combo which I plan to replace with drop bars and relocate the gear shifters from the aero bars to the ends of the drops. Other than this, and Look Keo pedals which I'll initially swap for flats, the bike should be road ready.

No doubt, I'll need some tips along the way as it's the first real road bike that I've owned. So, I'm here on Cyclechat as it seems a friendly and knowledgeable community. I've also seen Principias turn up in a few discussions here on the different boards. It seems quite a lot of them were purchased in the UK, from my Googling.

All the very best from Brasilia!

carpiste

Guru
:welcome::bicycle:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Hello, I'm an Australian living in Brazil for quite some years, although I was born in Brighton, England. Have almost always had a bike. First bike was a Raleigh as a young child in England. Rode a lot on a hybrid in Melbourne before moving here. Then bought a mountain bike but didn't adapt to it well, I think the frame was too small, and I've since given it to my son who is better suited to it. Shifted to a Dahon Speed Uno which was great, but after moving to a house from an apartment it just wasn't adequate for the distances involved around here. Here we have good roads and very long stretches, even bike paths. So I'm opting for a road bike. Something for exercise, mainly, and to indulge another hobby of mine, 35mm film photography. I'll perhaps even think about commuting to work, but that's around 20km away and it can get very hot here, I'm not sure that it would be very practical.

In a few days I'll take possession of a Principia Rex from, I believe, 2001. It looks in excellent condition and apparently only ever had occasional use. It's currently fitted with a triathlon aero/bullhorn bar combo which I plan to replace with drop bars and relocate the gear shifters from the aero bars to the ends of the drops. Other than this, and Look Keo pedals which I'll initially swap for flats, the bike should be road ready.

No doubt, I'll need some tips along the way as it's the first real road bike that I've owned. So, I'm here on Cyclechat as it seems a friendly and knowledgeable community. I've also seen Principias turn up in a few discussions here on the different boards. It seems quite a lot of them were purchased in the UK, from my Googling.

All the very best from Brasilia!
:welcome:

Top Bottom