Greetings from Canada

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mad_dr

Hi everyone,

After moving to Canada from my native Cotswolds in 2013 and after around 20 years of barely turning a pedal, I’m now back on a bike! I’ve recently picked up a 2017 Brompton for my short commute to work in Vancouver. I’m really enjoying being mobile without a car again and have a new-found admiration for cyclists who churn up multiple miles at a time - I’m beat after only a couple!

In hindsight my lime green and black Brompton was neither the best value for money or the best tool for the job for my needs but it’s quirky and fun which makes up for a lot of its shortcomings. I love that it can sit under my desk in the studio T work and I also get far more comments from pedestrians and motorists who love the bike than I would get with an anonymous commuter bike.

I’m enjoying beginning to personalise it a little - mainly by replacing as many of the silver parts with Black Edition or black Ti parts and I’m sure I’ll be on here hoping for help and advice, regularly. Thanks for having me!

Andy

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome :welcome:

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Hello there ..:bicycle:
Have some stunning memories of Canada , I spent time in Edmonton Calgary and Jasper in the Rocky Mountains.
From the Columbian Icefields I cycled along the Athabaska river , the scenery is simply stunning !
Saw a bear cub , Moose and Mountain goats .. plus thousands of prairie dogs .. gophers ..

Hi Andy

Welcome. There are plenty of Bromponistas here, so if you have any queries, help is likely to be nearby.

No doubt you are enjoying your new life in Vancouver and no doubt cycled round Stanley Park following the tourists! It does seem to be a friendly bike city and of course, if you are now fit as you ride so much, you would get plenty of admiring glances riding the Sea to Sky Gran Fondo!

Top Bottom